With 1 in 4 of us experiencing mental ill health at some point in our lives, the chances are that you may have experienced a mental health problem yourself, or know someone who has.
As an NHS Foundation Trust, we represent the communities we serve in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire. You can help us do this by becoming a member of our Trust.
Why should I become a member?
Trust membership is the perfect way to help support our anti-stigma “Making Life Better” campaign, tackling the stigma around mental ill health.
It is also an important way for you to influence your local NHS services.
Emotional wellbeing is everyone’s business. Everyone is different, so we will help personalise your membership to make it meaningful to you. We’ll also take note of how much or how little you want to be involved.
Who can become a member?
You can join us if you live in England and are aged 11 years or older.
As a member, you can get involved as little or as much as you want. You can attend events, be consulted on Trust matters, help with surveys, write articles or stand for election as a member of the Council of Governors. It’s entirely up to you.
How to become a member
Applying for Trust membership couldn’t be easier. You can sign up online using the form below.
Your FREE member’s pack
When you join, we will send you a free membership pack containing:
- ‘Making life better’ lapel badge and keyring – to show your support for our campaign
- Discounted offers for NHS Trust members
- Membership newsletter – packed with trust news and useful information
- Limited edition bookmark
10 reasons to become a member
- Have your say on how services are delivered
- Join us and show your support for our campaign to remove the stigma surrounding mental health issues
- Vote in the Governor elections to elect nominated members to the Council of Governors
- Stand in the elections yourself to become a Trust Governor
- Stay informed about the services in your area
- If you have any concerns, membership is the best platform to make change happen
- Take part in members’ events and activities
- Membership is free and there is no annual renewal
- Receive your membership pack
- Enjoy NHS discounts on high street products and services
Benefits of membership
- Membership is FREE
- It is up to you how much you want to get involved
- You can attend events, meetings, help on surveys, write articles for our newsletter….whatever makes membership meaningful to you
- We will consult you on specific issues affecting the Trust
- You will be able to vote for your representative to sit on the Council of Governors
- You could decide to put yourself forward for election and become a Governor