Search for a condition, service or location

Translate this page



Help in a crisis


Please note that the following numbers are for use in an emergency only. This service is predominantly for service users currently in our care, their families and carers. If you are not currently in our care you can either contact your GP, go to your nearest Accident and Emergency Department.


Alternatively contact the crisis team directly where your needs will be assessed and you will be advised accordingly.

Please visit our get in touch section if your enquiry is not urgent.


Contacting our Crisis Teams

If you are in Gloucestershire, please call:  0800 1690398

The number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When calling, please choose one of the following options depending on your location:

  • Option 1 for Stroud and Cotswolds
  • Option 2 for Gloucester and Forest 
  • Option 3 for Cheltenham, Tewkesbury and North Cotswolds

Please note: telephone calls may be recorded. If you do not want that to happen, please tell the person who answers your call and they will phone you back on a ‘non-recordable’ telephone.

If you are in Herefordshire, please call: 01432 364046
You can also contact us on behalf of a service user (this could mean you are a friend, a carer or someone from an outside agency).

Is this the first time you have needed help for a mental health crisis?

If you, a friend, or a relative is experiencing mental health problems for the first time and need emergency treatment or advice during office hours, then you should contact your GP.

Alternatively contact the crisis team directly where your needs will be assessed and you will be advised accordingly.

NHS Choices

If you don’t have a GP, use the NHS Choices service search to locate the nearest one to you.

Are you feeling vulnerable? Do you need to talk to somebody now?

If so, there are some people that can help you immediately.

Call free on 116 123

If you are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide, you can call the Samaritans.

Call free on 0800 11 11

If you are a child or a young person you may want to speak to Childline.

Call 0808 816 0606

A safe, supportive, non-judgmental and informative service for people who self harm, their friends, families and carers.

Community Learning Disability Team (CLDT)


The Trust’s Community Learning Disability Teams (CLDT) provide specialist health care services for people with learning disabilities to enable and support them to participate in daily activities and increase or maintain levels of independence.

You can contact our Learning Disability Service on 01452 321000.

What we offer


We work closely with GPs, education, housing, hospitals, families, community adult, care directorate, children’s services, day centres, mental health services, advocacy and respite services and voluntary services.

Our team consists of:

Community Nurses
Community Nurses provide specialist advice, support, education and training to help improve the physical and mental wellbeing of people with a learning disability.

Our Physiotherapists assess and advise on exercises and activities that can help people remain as comfortable and mobile as possible.

Psychiatrists offer a specialist health care service for people with a learning disability and related mental illness.

Psychologists work to promote and enhance the emotional wellbeing and quality of life of people with learning disabilities.

Occupational Therapists
Occupational Therapists help with self-care activities, improving ability to access local facilities, functioning in the workplace or college and the development of hobbies and interests.

Speech and Language Therapists

Speech and language therapists support any adult who needs help with their communication and /or eating and drinking and who has a diagnosis of a learning disability and is registered with a Gloucestershire and Herefordshire GP or funded by Gloucestershire or Herefordshire CCG. We also support their transition from children’s to adult services.

Referral information


For more information on how to get support from our learning disability services please contact your local base (see below) or ask your GP to refer you.