Record number of nominations for 10th anniversary staff awards
A record number of nominations have been received for 2gether’s 10th anniversary Recognising Outstanding Service and Contribution Awards (ROSCAs).
More than 270 nominations were received for the annual awards, which recognise the dedication of the staff and volunteers who work in mental and social healthcare across Gloucestershire and Herefordshire.
A judging panel, consisting of service users, carers, public governors, trust management, sponsors and staff representatives, faced the difficult challenge of whittling the list down to a shortlist of just three nominations for each category.
The nominees will be honoured at an awards ceremony on Friday 3 March, alongside their colleagues who have achieved 20, 30 or 40 years’ NHS service.
The 2016 ROSCAs are being sponsored by Alpha Colour Printers, West of England Academic Health Science Network (WEAHSN), Midcounties Co-operative and Gloucestershire Young Carers.
The shortlisted teams and individuals are as follows. The winner of the CEO’s Award for Outstanding Contribution will be announced in due course.
- Cody Gingell – Volunteer at Weavers Croft
- Phoebe Coleman-Wood – Expert by Experience, Children and Young People Service Gloucestershire
- Kevin Hall – Volunteer, Health Records Department, Charlton Lane Hospital
Award for Innovation
- Robin McCarthy – Art Psychotherapist, Herefordshire
- Julie Swash & Sharon Colley – Learning Disability Nurse and Physio Technical Instructor, Herefordshire
- Basia Snaith – Outcome and Performance Manager, Children and Young People Service Gloucestershire
Carer and Service User Involvement
- Gloucestershire Recovery in Psychosis (GRiP) Team
- The Managing Memory Service, Gloucestershire
- Gemma Coltraro – Mulberry Ward Manager, Charlton Lane Hospital
Service Users and Carers Choice
- Dr Matt Stainsby – Clinical Psychologist, Herefordshire
- Rob Phillips – Community Mental Health Nurse, Albion Chambers
- Vicky Mullholland – Community Mental Health Nurse, Forest of Dean Assertive Outreach Team
Clinical Team of the Year
- Gloucester and Forest of Dean Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team
- Willow Ward, Charlton Lane Hospital
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services Herefordshire
Non-Clinical Team of the Year
- Administration Team, Herefordshire Community Learning Disability Team
- Vocational Services, Albion Chambers
- Collingwood House Administration Team
- Children and Young People Service/Learning Disability Team
- Simon Shorrick and Lorraine Peters - The Health Facilitation Team, Gloucestershire
- Jonathon Thomas - Community Services Manager, South Locality
Best Supporting Manager
- Tracy Cresswell - Willow Ward Manager, Charlton Lane Hospital
- Ree Jefferies - Manager, Herefordshire Community Learning Disability Team
- Rob Blagden - IMT Programme Manager
Best Supporting Colleague
- Dr. Simon Christopherson - Consultant Psychiatrist, Avon House
- Martin Foster - Crisis Assessment Home Treatment Team, Stonebow Unit
- Natasha Wallace - Unit Administration Manager, Honeybourne and Non-Medical Prescribing Administrator