The Research and Development Strategy
Clinical research within health services has become more important than ever. Government policy requires NHS Trusts to ensure patients are informed about NHS research, are supported to make choices about taking part in it and ultimately receive the best possible care.
²gether has been involved in research for the last 15 years. Our research department has grown from one funded research nurse in 2009 to a team of seven which now includes research nurses, research practitioners and administration support. We have a dedicated research centre based in Cheltenham where the team works alongside other clinical teams within the trust. We encourage participants to sign up to our research studies across all of our service areas throughout Herefordshire and Gloucestershire.
Our vision is to be a world-class centre of practice-based research and development to help make life better.
Our Research Team is based at the Fritchie Centre
The centre is named after a former Trust chair, Baroness Rennie Fritchie. The Research ²gether Centre provides a base for the Trust’s research team, which supports and delivers research opportunities for patients and carers across all our services in mental health and learning disabilities, both at the centre and in the community.
The primary focus of our current research will be into Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. The Trust wants to help understand the causes of dementia and find ways of diagnosing it earlier and more accurately.
Our Performance in Initiating and Delivering Clinical Research
You can find out more about our performance here.
Who our partners are
- Improving the health and wealth of the nation through research
- Funded by the Department of Health to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research
- Ensure the NHS is able to support the research of other funders to encourage broader investment in, and economic growth from, health research
- Work with charities and the life sciences industry to help patients gain earlier access to breakthrough treatments
- Train and develop researchers to keep the nation at the forefront of international research
- A diagnostic imaging Centre
- Provide MRI and PET scans for our clinical trials